Port Rex Technical High School Application, Fees and Subjects
Port Rex Technical High School Fees, Application – See details of the School Fee structure, Application forms and list of courses offered…
For information regarding Port Rex Technical High School Fees, Application and courses offered, contact the institution using the details below:
- Port Rex Technical High School Application Form 2023-2024
- Port Rex Technical High School Fees 2023-2024
- Port Rex Technical High School Hostel
- Port Rex Technical High School Contact
Port Rex Technical High School Address
Port Rex Tech High School is a public school in East London, Eastern Cape Province. For more information please see the school contacts below.
With special reference to the National Education Policy Act, 1996 (Act No. 27 of 1996) and the South African Schools Act, 1996 (Act No. 84 of 1996), the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996 (No 108 of 1996) and the Eastern Cape Schools Act, 1999 (Act No. 1 of 1999).
The pupil must be of average age for the grade:
Grade 8: 14 years or younger
Grade 9: 15 years or younger
Grade 10: 16 years or younger
Grade 11: 17 years or younger
Grade 12: 18 years or younger
A certified copy of the Birth Certificate is required.
- Only pupils who have been taught the core subjects of our curriculum (English, Afrikaans, isiXhosa, Mathematics, General Science and Technology) will be considered for admission.
- Only pupils with a Mathematics and General or Physical Science mark GREATER than 50% (level 4) will be considered for Grade 8.
- Should too many applications be received for admission than can be accommodated, the combination of English, Afrikaans, isiXhosa, Mathematics and Science marks will be used to determine the successful candidates.
- If candidates are within 5%, then the overall contribution to the activities of the school will be considered.
- Learners must have the ability to communicate in English as their Home Language.
- Parents and pupils must adhere to the school’s Code of Conduct and school rules.
- Preference is given to those pupils who reside in East London with the exception of those learners seeking Technical Education from outlying areas and who can be accommodated in the Hostel.
- Original final reports are expected before final acceptance is completed.
- Learners who do not come from a Technical school and who would like to be admitted to Grade 10 or higher would have to have passed Mathematics and Science with a mark of 70% (level 7) or more to be considered for admission.
- Learners who enter the school at Grade 10 or higher must accept that the workshop and grade choice available to them is determined by what vacancies exist in the school.
- Class sizes will be restricted to 33 or fewer to ensure quality teaching and learning.
- Admittance is not sibling specific. If an older sibling is already a registered learner at Port Rex T.H.S. the younger sibling will not automatically be accepted. Each individual application is considered on its own merit.
School Name: Port Rex Tech High School
Emis Number: 200200699
Province Name: Eastern Cape
School Sector: Public
School Type: Ordinary School
School Phase: Secondary School
School Specialization: Technical
School Owner: State
Paypoint No: 54347
Component No: 54347
Exam No: 4181037
Magisterial District: East London
District Municipality Name: Buffalo City
Local Municipality Name: Buffalo City
Ward ID: 29200018
EI District: East London
EI Circuit: 011
Town/City: East London
Street Address: 55 Chamberlain Street,Berea, East London,5214
Postal Address: Private Bag X1, Tecoma,5241
Cell Phone: 0731608515