Parktown High School for Girls Application, Fees and Subject 2023-2024
Parktown High School for Girls Fees, Application – See details of the School Fee structure, Application forms and list of courses offered…
For information regarding Fees, Application and courses offered , click on any of the links below:
Parktown High School for Girls Application Form 2023-2024 – see details below to apply…
ADMISSIONS – Grade 9-11
Admissions will open in May.
Application Forms are only available at the school.
The fees are R43040. As we are a government school, we do not offer any bursaries/scholarships.
Please note: that we do not have boarding facilities.
The completed Parent Information Form / Application Form must be accompanied by the ALL the following documents:
- A CERTIFIED copy of the Learner’s unabridged birth certificate
- A CERTIFIED copy of the Learner’s latest school report
- CERTIFIED copies of ID documents of parents’/guardians’/person responsible for fees
- A CERTIFIED copy of Proof of residence of the parent/guardian with whom the learner lives, being either a municipal services bill or lease agreement (if the lease is used please include the id document and municipal services bill of the owner)
- CERTIFIED copies of Proof of employment, showing the street address of business for BOTH parents/guardians
- One passport-size photograph of your daughter/ward
Where applicable …..
- Documentation showing proof of sibling relationship where learner seeks preferential placement
- A CERTIFIED copy of the Divorce Agreement indicating Custodial Parent
- A CERTIFIED copy of Proof of legal rights to fulfil the obligations of a Parent
- A CERTIFIED copy of Permanent Residence OR Study Permit
Learners are accepted into Grade 9 ~ 11 based on the admissions policy of the school and guidelines set out by the Gauteng Department of Education. At this stage, acceptance is based on, but not limited to, availability of space in the relevant grade and the subjects that the learner is doing and living and/or working in the immediate vicinity of the school (the Official Feeder Zone Map is on our website).
- The residential address should be that of the parent or legal guardian. If the guardian is not the biological parent, proof of legal guardianship (as recognised by SA law), including a commitment to pay school fees, must accompany the application. The applicant must permanently reside at that address.
- Applications for Grades 9 – 11 shall reach the Admissions Secretary by the end of the third school term of each year (for admission to the School for the following year). Admission to Grades 9 – 11 shall only be considered should there be available space and if the applicant fulfils the requirements of the Admissions Policy which has been approved by the School Governing Body.
- Should the School become aware of any fraudulent documentation or information submitted, the application will be immediately disqualified and will not be considered.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATION DOCUMENTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE ON THIS WEBSITE AND CAN ONLY BE COLLECTED from the reception office in the main building between 08h00 and 15h00, Monday to Friday during school terms.
Parktown High School for Girls Subjects Offered – see the list of courses offered at Parktown High School for Girls …
Grades 8 and 9
Grades 8 and 9 follow the nationally prescribed Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS) for the General Education and Training (GET) level.
We encourage learners to develop a strong sense of responsibility for learning in the eight key areas of:
- Languages – English Home Language and Afrikaans or IsiZulu First Additional Language
- Social Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Economic and Management Sciences
- Creative Arts
- Life Orientation
Grades 10 to 12
Grades 10 to 12 follow the nationally prescribed Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS) for the National Senior Certificate, the exit point of the Further Education and Training (FET) level.
This includes four compulsory subjects:
- English Home Language
- Afrikaans or isiZulu as First Additional Language
- Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy
- Life Orientation
In addition, learners choose three other subjects:
- Consumer Studies
- Dramatic Arts
- French (Second Additional Language)
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Visual Arts
Parktown High School for Girls Contact Details – see details below…
55 Tyrone Avenue
S 26 09 15 14
E 28 01 18 47
Tel: 011 593 5900 (07:30 – 15:30)
Fax: 011 593 5923