Port Rex Technical High School Hostel
Port Rex Technical High School accommodation
ABOUT THE FRANK COWIE HOUSE HOSTEL
Frank Cowie House is a boarding facility for boys which provides convenient accommodation to learners who live out of East London and further afield. Hostel life is a most worthwhile experience as there is much to learn from people of diverse backgrounds.
The hostel can be a challenge for Grade 8’s who have never been away from home. By the time they get to Grade 12, they are independent and well able-to cope with the challenges of life after school. The camaraderie of the learners in the hostel can be gauged at Old Port Rexian functions where our ex-boarders reminisce on their life and time in the hostel.
FRANK COWIE HOUSE ENVISAGES TO:
- Provide a homely environment for the border;
- Provide a framework of rules which enables co-existence without infringing on the privacy of others;
- Develop among boarders respect for the school and hostel;
- Building of relationships among learners;
- Ensure that learners have the confidence to express their concerns to the responsible people in authority;
- Ensure that every learner feels that he is an important member of the hostel and school.
FRANK COWIE HOUSE SINGLE ROOMS
For those looking for safe and affordable overnight accommodation in the East London area. Single units with beds and shower facilities are available at Frank Cowie House with 2-bed, 4-bed or 6-bed options. These rooms are ideal for those looking for no-fuss accommodation as they pass through.
- These rooms have shared common areas and bathrooms
- Wi-Fi and bedding are provided
- Contact email@example.com for current rates.
- RUDMAN ROOM
- 6 Bed Unit
- PIDERIT ROOM
- 4 Bed Unit
- BRITTZ ROOM
- 2 Bed Unit
- VENTER ROOM
- 6 Bed Unit
- Parents entrust their children to this hostel and we will strive to guarantee the boys’ happiness and safety as far as possible.
- Integration, initiation or bullying is not part of the school or hostel policy. Anyone that does not adhere to this cannot be part of the school or hostel.
- No one may physically abuse anyone else.
Our borders are expected to enjoy themselves in an environment where they have a caring hostel staff and a body that ensure that their welfare is catered for. However, boarders must realise that just as in any family, there has to be a set of ground rules by which they must abide.