Kenyatta University Accommodation
Kenyatta University Accommodation; Kenyatta University Accommodation – Hostel:
Our students are accommodated at both Main and Ruiru Campuses.At the main Campus, accommodation is divided into 3 zones, for administrative purposes: The Eastern Zone, the Western Zone and the Nyayo Zone. Hostels in these zones accommodate students as follows:
- Only Joint Admission Board (JAB) students are accommodated at the Main Campus.
- A few spaces are available for the Self Sponsored (SSP) students at our Ruiru Campus.
- Rooms will be allocated using random sampling of all those who have applied
The Main Campus Hostels:
|Old Menengai Hostel||Male|
|New Menengai Hostel||Male|
|New Aberdares Hostel||Female|
|Old Aberdares Hostel||Female|
The Western Zone lies between the Kenyatta University Conference Centre and the new students Centre.It consists of the following hostels;
|New Ruwenzori Hostel||Male|
|Old Ruwenzori Hostel||Female|
|Usambara Hostel blocks 2||Male|
|Usambara Hostel blocks 1 and 3||Female|
The Nyayo Zone is the most populous. It lies across the railway line and has six hostels namely;
The Self Sponsored (SSP) Students are accommodated in the following hostels at Ruiru Campus.
The Ruiru Campus Hostels;
|Tana Hostel blocks 2, 3 and 4||Male|
|Tana Hostel blocks 1 and 5||Female|
Lastly, the hostel rooms can be occupied in various matrixes. They range from single rooms, double rooms, and triple rooms to common rooms where more than 6 students can be accommodated. These rooms are priced differently with the singles being the most expensive. Kenyatta University Accommodation
We look forward to hosting you.
Kenyatta University Off-Campus Accommodation
KM and Kiwanja Zone
Kahawa Sukari and Kahawa Wendani Zone
- Access the online hostel application at: http://hostel.ku.ac.ke/
- Log in using the student corporate email account you used during the application example firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you have logged into the application, navigate to the” CHECK APPLICATION STATUS” bar, click on the bar.
- On the new web page that appears, kindly “SELECT THE PERIOD” as “2016-1”
- Enter your full registration number. example: E35/KTI/001/2000
- Click on submit to be able to view if you have been allocated a hostel.
N/B Students are required to login into the application with the email account they used during the application for them to be able to view whether they have been allocated hostel. Kenyatta University Accommodation
Please follow the procedure below;
- Log in to your Student Email account or access this link: https://mail.google.com/
- Then access here: http://googleapps.ku.ac.ke:8080/KU-hostel/ to access the hostel application.
- Click Sign in and allow access to your corporate email.
- Click Apply for Hostel menu and fill in the required details in the form.
- Pick 2017-1 as the Application Period.
- Then submit and await your results.
This application is ONLY for MAIN CAMPUS CONTINUING STUDENTS 2017/2018 academic year.
P.O. Box 43844-00100
Tel No. 8710901 – 12 Ext.3680
Mobile No. 0728 423 015 or 0734 454 661