Murray | Roberts Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – MURRAY | ROBERTS
Murray | Roberts, established in 1902, is a South African based company and leader in construction; contracting and engineering services. The JSE listed company is headquartered in Johannesburg but also has offices in other parts of South Africa, Zambia, Ghana, Mozambique, Australia, South Korea, Canada, USA and Scotland.
The companies core capabilities are split into 3 market sectors, namely: Power and Water; Metals and Minerals; Oil and Gas. The companies service offerings include process engineering, mining engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering and mechanical engineering. Murray | Roberts has been involved in the construction of many buildings, as well as the well-known Cape Town Stadium, the Medupi Power Station and the Gautrain railroad.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE | SERVICE CONTRACT
Bursaries will be awarded for the following fields of study (BSc/ B Eng/ B Tech qualifications):
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- Building/ Construction Management
The bursary is available from the second year of study only (no first-year students) and will cover the following expenses: annual registration, tuition, examination fees, prescribed textbooks, accommodation in residence and meals (or a monthly allowance for living expenses).
Bursaries are reviewed each semester (after exams) and based on academic performance, renewed annually.
There is a work-back obligation with this bursary award, whereby students must work at Murray | Roberts for the equal duration of their bursary award.
Students must meet the Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen OR South African permanent resident
- Completed Matric
- In possession of a Matric National Senior Certificate with University exemption
- Passed Mathematics and Science in Matric
- Studying full-time in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying/ been accepted to study at a recognised South African University/ University of Technology
- Have a Matric/ Grade 12 exemption certificate with Science and Mathematics
- Achieve and minimum a minimum overall average of 65%
- *Preference will be given to Black students (African/ Coloured/ Indian)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done directly via your University – Murray | Roberts will no longer be accepting online/ external bursary applications.
You may be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document, if a South African citizen (certified copy of)
- Proof of permanent residence, if a South African permanent resident (certified copy of)
- Matric certificate (certified copy of)
- Latest tertiary academic results
Not disclosed – please check with your University.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Murray | Roberts directly:
Tel: 011 456 1144
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round
See Also: South African Bursaries January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December