Life Healthcare College of Learning Admission Requirements
• Minimum statutory NSC requirements for entrance into higher education, diploma entry level must be met
• A recognised qualification deemed to be equivalent by the college senate and professional body
• Language English at NSC achievement rating of 4 (50-59%)
• Mathematical literacy at NSC achievement rating of 4 (50-59%) or mathematics at 3 (40-49%)
• Computer literacy at NSC achievement rating of 3 (40-49%)
• Life Sciences at NSC achievement rating of 4 (50-59%)
Total credits for the programme:
• HEQSF criteria: Diploma NQF level 6
• Total credits for the programme: 376
Programme Curriculum Components:
The components of the curriculum are as follows
• This programme is intended to prepare the student as a general nurse who is able to meet the service delivery needs of the institution and healthcare.
• The practice of this nurse will focus on institutions and healthcare.
• It is envisaged the majority of the student quality service delivery in a variety of healthcare delivery settings, including community health care. Therefore the nurse who has completed the programme will make a significant contribution in the current situation of human resources at Life Healthcare and healthcare in SA, taking into consideration the shortage of qualified nurses in the country. the population will be able to access the programme thus increasing the number of nursing students and ultimately the number of nurses entering the healthcare industry.
• This programme will also open access to other nursing/health sciences and allied health sciences programmes for individuals wanting to advance professionally.
Exit Level Outcomes
• Provide nursing care throughout the life spans in various healthcare settings
• Use & maintain healthcare information systems for nursing practice
• Manage a healthcare unit by implementing the management process
• Render nursing care within a legal and ethical framework
• Apply knowledge of natural and biological sciences in nursing practice
• Apply knowledge of psychosocial sciences in the practice of nursing
• Participate in addressing the needs of individuals, groups and communities
• Apply knowledge of pharmacology in nursing practice
• Provide reproductive health care to promote and maintain optimum health of individuals and families
• Online applications must be submitted during the period June to August annually.
• Life Healthcare website (www.lifehealthcare.co.za).
• Proof of non-refundable administration fee, together with the required supporting documentation to be submitted online.
• All applicants will follow the college selection process.