Department of Water | Sanitation Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
Department of Water | Sanitation Bursary South Africa | See Details on Department of Water | Sanitation Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024 Below;
ABOUT THE COMPANY – DEPARTMENT OF WATER AND SANITATION
The Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) was formed in 1912 when it was initially known as the Department of Irrigation. As one of the South African government’s departments, the DWS is responsible for the water resources of the country, particularly for formulating and implementing policies within the sector.
The DWS aims to ensure that South Africa has access to clean water and sanitation services, as well as water resources management for ensuring sustainable economic and social development in the country.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies, within these fields:
- Biochemistry (National Diploma)
- Civil Engineering (BSc / BEng / National Diploma / BEng Tech)
- Electrical Engineering (BSc / BEng)
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current) (National Diploma/ BEng Tech)
- Environmental and Water Sciences (BSc)
- Environmental Management (BSc / National Diploma)
- Environmental Sciences (BSc)
- Geohydrology (BSc)
- Hydrology (BSc)
- Mechanical Engineering (BSc / BEng / National Diploma / BEng Tech)
- Project Management (BSc)
- Water Care (National Diploma)
- Civil Engineering (BSc / BEng (Hons) / MEng)
- Electrical Engineering (BSc / BEng (Hons) / MEng)
- Environmental and Water Science (MSc)
- Environmental Management (BSc (Hons))
- Environmental Sciences (BSc (Hons))
- Geohydrology (BSc (Hons) / MSc)
- Hydrology (BSc (Hons) / MSc)
- Mechanical Engineering (BSc / BEng (Hons) / MEng)
- Project Management (BSc (Hons))
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Department of Water | Sanitation (DWS) Bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE DWS BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED, SERVICE CONTRACT | SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, allowance for prescribed textbooks, accommodation in residence, meals and an annual personal allowance.
Bursaries will be awarded based on the following main criteria: academic performance, race and gender, financial need and need of the Department in relation to the student’s qualification.
Upon completion of their studies, bursary recipients will be required to join the Water Learning Academy for up to 3 years.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 3 months of the bursary closing date. If you do not receive any written communication feedback by 31 January 2023, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DWS BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time towards one of the undergraduate or postgraduate qualifications listed above, in 2023
- You must be studying or intend on studying at one of these public institutions:
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Central University of Technology
- Durban University of Technology
- Nelson Mandela University
- North-West University
- Rhodes University
- Sol Plaatje University
- Tshwane University of Technology
- University of Cape Town
- University of Fort Hare
- University of the Free State
- University of Johannesburg
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Limpopo
- University of Mpumalanga
- University of Pretoria
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of Venda
- University of the Western Cape
- University of Witwatersrand
- University of Zululand
- Vaal University of Technology
- Walter Sisulu University
- You must have a strong academic performance
- You must be in financial need
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other funding (including NSFAS, bursary, scholarship or other awards)
- Students living with disabilities are encouraged to apply–lt;
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students from poor and rural communities
Note: students pursuing studies at TVET colleges, 2-year diplomas, certificates and qualifications in other fields not listed above, should NOT apply.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE DWS BURSARY
Download and complete the Department of Water and Sanitation Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copies)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full official academic record to date, if currently at University (certified copy)
- Proof of University application/ firm offer/ provisional acceptance letter, if a new student (on institutes letterhead)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ SASSA grant letter)
Applications must be submitted via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “DWS Bursary Application 2023” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE DWS BURSARY
31 October 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Department of Water and Sanitation directly:
Contact Person: Ms Nobulali Mtikitiki (Bursary Coordinator)
Tel: 012 336 7149
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered
Click Here Details On NSFAS, National Student Financial Aid Scheme
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round
See Also: South African Bursaries January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December