City of Cape Town Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – CITY OF CAPE TOWN
City of Cape Town Bursary South Africa, Cape Town, also known as the “Mother City”, is infamous for its landmark sight (and “7th wonder of the world”) Table Mountain. The port city is situated on the southwest coast of South Africa, covers an area of almost 2500 km² and has a coastline of almost 300km.
The City of Cape Town Metropolitan Municipality is categorised as a “Category A municipality”.
ABOUT THE CITY OF CAPE TOWN BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The City of Cape Town is inviting students who reside within the Cape Metropolitan Area/ Cape Town, to apply for bursary funding for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within these scarce skills fields (at Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Honours, Masters and PhD level):
- Accounting (CA and Cost Management)
- Artisan Training
- Auditing (for registration purposes)
- Contract Management (Design and Implementation)
- Data Science/ Analytics (Statistics, Computer Science)
- Engineering (various fields, including Industrial Engineering – BSc or BTech)
- Environmental (Specialists, including Air Pollution and Water Quality)
- Fleet Management
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Information Systems and Technology (specialisation)
- Legal Specialisation (various fields)
- Library Sciences (Collections and Acquisitions)
- Medicine (MBChB, Specialists and registration with HPCSA)
- Occupational Health and Safety Specialisation
- Occupational Medicine (Practitioner)
- Organisational Psychology (Registered with HPCSA)
- Project Management
- Renewable Energy
- Supply Chain Management
- Technical training/ qualification in Electricity/ Energy Services/ HVAC/ Refrigeration/ Electronic/ Process Control and Operations
- Transport Management
- Urban Design, Landscape, Planning, Surveyors and Architecture
MORE ABOUT THE CITY OF CAPE TOWN BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | SELECTION PROCESS
The bursary will provide partial or full coverage for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees and exam fees.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you have not received any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
We are committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the City of Cape Town Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CITY OF CAPE TOWN BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Cape Metropolitan Area/ Cape Town
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards a qualification within one of the scarce skills areas listed above
- You must be studying or registered to study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa (University, University of Technology or TVET College)
- You must be in financial need
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary awards or financial assistance
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CITY OF CAPE TOWN BURSARY
Download and complete the City of Cape Town Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Alternatively, you may collect a copy of the application form at one of the City libraries or Walk-in Centres listed below.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy) (not older than 3 months)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of registration or provisional acceptance at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Full academic record or academic transcripts, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Awards or certificates won, where applicable
- Recommendation letter from a teacher/ mentor/ peer
- 2 x references (with their contact details)
- Proof of work completed in your chosen field of study, if applicable
- Proof of residence
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of government grant if applicable) (certified copy)
Applications must be submitted to one of the following Walk-in Centres:
- Bellville Municipal Office Walk-in Centre: Reed Street, Bellville, 7530
- Brackenfell Walk-in Centre: Cnr Paradys and Old Paarl Roads, Brackenfell, 7560
- Cape Town Civic Centre Walk-in Centre: Civic Centre, 2nd Floor Podium (Cash office | MVR), 12 Hertzog Boulevard, Cape Town, 8000
- Parow Walk-in Centre: Civic Centre, Voortrekker Road, Parow, 7500
- Plumstead Walk-in Centre: Municipal Office/ MVR, Cnr Victoria and Main Roads, Plumstead, 7140
- Strand Walk-in Centre: Ground Floor, Municipal Office/ MVR Office, Cnr Fagan and Main Roads, Strand, 7140
Note: Ensure that you mark your application “City of Cape Town Bursary 2023“
CLOSING DATE FOR THE CITY OF CAPE TOWN BURSARY
2 March 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the City of Cape Town directly:
HR Service Desk
Tel: 0860 103 089 (select option 6)
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered
NSFAS Bursaries For Students With Disabilities 2023 – 2024
Click Here Details On NSFAS, National Student Financial Aid Scheme
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round
See Also: South African Bursaries January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December