Agribusiness Centenary Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – AGBIZ
Agribusiness Centenary Bursary South Africa | Agbiz was established as the Co-operative Council, in order to represent the interests of agricultural co-operatives in the year 1946. However, in 1995 the company underwent a name change to Agricultural Co-operative Business (ACB), following South Africa’s deregulation of agriculture. Another name change took place in 2003, to the Agricultural Business Chamber (ABC). Finally, in 2012 the ABC was relaunched as Agbiz.
Today, Agbiz is an association of agribusinesses who operate in South Africa and southern Africa. The companies slogan is, “The way to prosperity”. They are ultimately responsible for ensuring that agribusiness positively influences the development, transformation and economic growth of South Africa.
ABOUT THE AGBIZ CENTENARY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Agricultural Business Chamber (Agbiz) is inviting students to apply for the Agbiz Centenary Bursary, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for Master’s or PhD degree studies, in Agricultural Economics or Agribusiness Management-related fields.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Agbiz Centenary Bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE AGBIZ CENTENARY BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | SELECTION
The bursary will be awarded to a total value of R41 000, for 1 academic year of study. Students must reapply for funding each year and may be funded if academic performance is satisfactory.
Bursary payments will be made student’s university account (unless otherwise agreed), in February 2023.
The successful bursary recipient will be contacted by mid-January 2023 – if you do not receive any feedback by this time, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE AGBIZ CENTENARY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed a relevant undergraduate degree or you must be in your final year towards obtaining an undergraduate qualification
- You must have registered or qualified to register for a postgraduate (Master’s or PhD) degree in Agricultural Economics or Agribusiness Management-related fields
- You must have registered or qualified to register at a recognised and accredited university in South Africa, in 2023
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for all major subjects
Bursary recipients will be selected based on the following main criteria:
1. Academic merit, on the study record to date and relevant contribution of the field of research to agribusiness.
2. Preference will be given to students with the most relevant field of study (or proposed field of study), as well as students willing to take guidance from Agbiz in formulating their research topic.
3. Bursary applications for a specific purpose and motivation therefore.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE AGBIZ CENTENARY BURSARY
Download and complete Agbiz Centenary Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Applicants should also read and agree to the Agbiz Centenary Bursary T|Cs (.pdf) before applying.
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Agbiz Centenary Bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document or other proof of SA citizenship (certified copy)
- Full academic record to date, of your undergraduate degree (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of registration for 2023 or letter from the Department Head confirming qualification for admission (on the institution’s letterhead)
- Recommendation letter from your academic supervisor or head of the department (maximum 1 page)
- Motivational letter, stating why you should be awarded the bursary and how you will use the bursary (maximum 1 page) (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
- Declaration of any other bursary funding or support received, if applicable (on the application form)
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Agbiz Centenary Bursary Application 2023” in the email subject line).
PO Box 76297
NOTES ABOUT THE AGBIZ CENTENARY BURSARY
- All applicants will receive an email confirmation that their application was received.
- Applications that are incomplete (i.e. missing documentation or information on the application form) or late, will result in automatic disqualification.
- Bursary recipients must ensure their academic supervisor or head of the department submits biannual progress reports to Agbiz, in the 2nd term and last term of the year, in order for Agbiz to evaluate students’ progress. These reports must be submitted by an academic supervisor or head of the department, to Liezl Esterhuizen (email@example.com).
- The bursary will be terminated if: the student does not continue the year of study or the student does not show satisfactory progress (up to the standards of the academic supervisor, head of department and Agbiz’s assessment). In this case, students will be required to pay back the bursary received, with interest.
- Bursary recipients will be required to sign a formal agreement with Agbiz.
- Applicants who are receiving bursary funding, scholarship or sponsoring from another source, must declare this on their application form. Failure to declare this information will result in automatic disqualification.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE AGBIZ CENTENARY BURSARY
6 December 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Agbiz directly:
Contact Person: Liezl Esterhuizen
Tel: 012 807 6686
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered