Walter Sisulu University Buffalo City
Buffalo City – Overview
The Buffalo City Campus has seven delivery sites:
- College Street
- Cambridge Street
- Absa Stadium
- Heritage Building.
The Buffalo City Campus’s Potsdam site is the main site and is situated in the luscious Eastern Cape countryside.
It is ideally situated in the Border Region to serve the students of Eastern Cape who would have travelled far to study and encouraged further migration of educated people.
This campus boasts modern buildings and green landscaped surroundings with a natural spring around which the campus was designed.
This campus has residential facilities for students which are normally filled to capacity.
- Up to 20 sports offered including soccer, netball tennis rugby
- Indoor sports: basketball, volleyball, karate and aerobics
- The Great Hall has a capacity of 800; it is used for sports or formal functions
- Health Services Unit.
The campus offers a variety of programmes:
- FACULTY OF BUSINESS SCIENCES
- FACULTY OF SCIENCE, ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
|Potsdam Campus began as the Ciskei Technikon; 66 students were accommodated in Wongama Building
|Academic programmes commenced with certificate courses
|Midyear diploma courses were initiated
|Official opening of Campus with students graduating at the first graduation ceremony.
5201 Chiselhurst, East London
Eastern Cape, South Africa