University of Nairobi UoN Online Registration Deadline 2022/2023
University of Nairobi UoN Online Registration 2022/2023; Details of University of Nairobi UoN online registration and details of registration deadline/closing date for the 2022/2023 academic session.
For a candidate to qualify to be a bonafide student of the University, he/she must be registered. Registration is a mandatory requirement of the University which must be done within the first three weeks from the beginning of the Semester by every student. All students will use the Academic Information Management System (AIMS)
Registration Procedure video
Click HERE to follow the step by step Online Registration guide (REGISTRATION MANUAL)
Document Requirements for Online Registration: ( For Post Graduate Students, Undergraduate Module I and II students)
The following information outlines all the steps new students need to register successfully:
At the end of this registration process applicants should have:
Filled out joining forms and uploaded them on the Students Management Information System (SMIS).
An Active students email account
Activated the Active Directory (AD Account)
A Student profile
Received registration confirmation on SMS from the University
Registered for your courses
Applicants can access the University of Nairobi student self–service portal Students Management Information System (SMIS): https://smis.uonbi.ac.ke/. To log in, Students will use the login details sent to them via email; or write to the following offices to request the login details.
Undergraduate Students: email@example.com and for Postgraduate students: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once an applicant logs in, they are required to download the comprehensive joining Instructions (Academic, Legal and Health Requirements). This document contains important forms that need to be filled out and uploaded to the system. Print all the forms and fill them out in full as guided (steps 1-23). Scan the filled documents and upload them. Please ensure you scan your passport photograph and upload it to the system. Place your request for student ID as detailed in the Joining Instructions document JI/17. The IDs will be availed to the respective Deans’/Directors’ offices once printed for your collection.
Use this checklist to ensure you have all the required documents:
REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT CHECKLIST FORMS:
Students are required to fill these forms and upload them on the SMIS system.
-1- KCSE 2022 Government Sponsored Students Checklist for Admission Registration Requirements – 2022/2023 Academic Year
-2- Self Sponsored/ Module II Students Checklist For Admission Registration Requirements – 2022/2023 Academic Year
-3-A checklist of academic documents to be uploaded during the virtual reporting and registration
KCSE GOVERNMENT-SPONSORED STUDENTS CHECKLIST
1. Fees: pay requisite fees in the accounts provided.
2. Letter of offer of student Bursary(where applicable)
3. Letter of Acceptance-JI/A
4. Student Personal Details-JI/2
5. Student Medical Examination Report-JI/3
6. Emergency Operation Form-JI/4
7. Declaration for Admission/Re-Admission/Studentship-JI/5A
8. A duly executed Student Bond-JI/5B
9. Sponsorship Form(where applicable)-JI/6B
10. Duly completed Accommodation Application Form-JI/7B
11. Duly completed Accommodation Declaration Form -JI/8\
12. Receipt for accommodation (suspended ) further guidance to be given in due course) – Form to be shared with students for future use
13. Duly signed declaration on Rules and Regulations- JI/13B
14. Biometric Registration ( upload your scanned passport photo and signature)_
15. Signed the Nominal Roll(Click on the link to sign the nominal roll)
SELF SPONSORED/ MODULE II STUDENTS CHECKLIST
1. Fees: pay requisite fees in the account provided in your letter of admission
2. Letter of offer of student Bursary(where applicable)
3. Letter of Acceptance-PP/1A
4. Non-Acceptance/Deferment Form -PP/1B
5. Declaration for Admission-PP/2
6. A duly executed Student Bond-PP/3
7. Sponsorship Form(where applicable)-PP/5
8. Student Entrance Medical Examination
9. Biometric Registration ( upload your scanned passport photo and signature)
10. Signed the Nominal Roll(Click on the link to sign the nominal roll)
- Application form
- Admission letter
- Degree Certificates (This will depend on category)
- O-Level certificate
- Scanned signature
The applicant can then access the fee structure on the SMIS system with guidelines on how to pay the prescribed fees. Please note that separate guidelines apply for Government-sponsored (module 1) and Self-sponsored (Module 2). Fee payment guidelines
Once payment is made, students are requested to wait for at least 48 hours then log back into the system to complete the online registration and submit a request for registration. Students can only submit their registration request once the portal is opened on Monday, 24th August 2022. Applicants will receive an SMS alert once the registration process is confirmed.
Upon confirmation, applicants will then log in to the portal: https://smis.uonbi.ac.ke/ to complete the student profile, fill out all the sections on the table provided and create a student’s email account and an active directory account as guided. Student email accounts are critical, students will ONLY receive official communication from the University on this email address. Students are also required to create an Active Directory Account (AD Account: This account will grant students access to various Online Learning platforms and vast University online resources)
The complete registration process; Register for your courses on the Course registration tab.
Should you experience any challenges during the registration process please contact:
Tel. contacts: Academic Registrar 0204913199/3027/3196/3067/3065 Graduate School 0204913128/3129/8030/8032
Customer Experience Centre contacts: 0204910000, 0204914112
Technical Support: email@example.com
Information about Active Directory (AD) accounts:
First-time users: https://wiki.uonbi.ac.
Reset AD password: https://wiki.uonbi.
Helpdesk and Helpline Contacts
Helpdesk Support emails
The following are general service emails:
SERVICE EMAIL ADDRESS
Undergraduate Admissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Admissions: email@example.com
For more details do not hesitate to contact our help desk.