University of South Africa UNISA Application Closing Dates 2023 – 2024
Please take note of the following:
- Unisa will accept applications for admission to the 2023 academic year from 1 September to 15 December 2021 (CTA programmes have an earlier closing date). Additional application dates may be announced if there are still spaces available for the 2023 academic year.
- All applications for admission must be submitted online. No self-help stations will be available for applications at the regional offices.
- Admission to a qualification is not automatic. It will depend on whether you comply with the admission requirements and if space is available.
- Only complete applications will be processed.
What does the selection process entail?
Unisa will assess your application according to the academic admission requirements for your qualification(s) of choice and the final mark obtained for your major subjects at the third-year undergraduate level.
How does the application process work?
- You may apply for a maximum of two qualifications, ranked in order of preference (although you may only register for one should both of your applications be successful).
- Unisa will inform you of the outcome of your application.
- You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer for the 2023 academic year, you may only register for the qualification and specialisation for which you received an offer. You may also only register for the 2023 academic year. Should you decide not to register for the 2023 academic year for any reason, you will need to re-apply for admission in 2023 for the 2024 academic year.
Please note: The University of South Africa reserves the right to withdraw any offer for admission to the 2023 academic year should it be found that you do not meet the statutory, college and/or minimum admission requirements for the qualification to which you have been admitted. In such a case, the university will refund any registration fees paid towards the said qualification.
Who must apply for admission?
Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes
- first-time Unisa applicants
- Unisa students changing to a new qualification and/or changing the specialisation of a current qualification
- applicants in their final year of an undergraduate qualification who wish to continue with postgraduate studies
Please note: You must re-apply for admission if you previously applied for admission and were offered a space, but did not register for any reason.