UCT Faculty of Humanities Undergraduate Registration 2023-2024
UCT Faculty of Humanities Undergraduate Registration – see details below on how to register:
Registration is the process that involves selecting and signing up for your academic courses. It occurs once at the beginning of each academic year. Registration is compulsory for all students (both new and returning); you must register in person, and you are obliged to register before the end of the period or be charged a very large late registration fee.
Returning students are able to access the Faculty’s Fast Track Registration process.
If you are new to UCT this year, you will be briefed about the registration process during Orientation. Please see the details on the Orientation page.
You can also refer to the Humanities Step By Step Admissions Guide on our Home Page for further details. Here are some useful links:
2023-2024 Humanities Registration dates: http://www.humanities.uct.ac.za/hum/undergraduate/students/registration
REGISTRATION INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
• Please note that registration is an official activity in the academic calendar and students are obliged to attend in their
scheduled slot; we do not accept vacation plans as reasons to miss official registration, any more than we would for a test or
• Students attempting to register outside their scheduled timeslot without permission will not be accommodated; general
degree students who arrive for registration on a wrong day will not be issued their registration forms.
• A late registration fee of R2000 will automatically be charged to the account of any student who registers late. Waiver of the
the fee will be considered by the Dean only in the most exceptional of circumstances which must be fully motivated in writing.
• All new International and SADC students must get fee clearance, present their study permits and health insurance details the
the day before they are scheduled to register at the IAPO office, Masingene Building, Middle Campus;
• All new students to attend Registration after attending the Orientation programme; BRING A PEN, YOUR ID AND OFFER
• One hardcopy handbook per student will be handed out at Orientation. No hardcopy handbooks will be handed out at the
• Only a few handbooks will be available for reference in the venue. The handbooks are available online for Returners (and to
New students at Orientation). No hardcopy handbooks will be handed out at the venue.
FORMAL LECTURES WILL START ON MONDAY, 10th FEBRUARY 2023-2024. ALL VENUES ARE TO BE CONFIRMED AT THE