Rio Tinto/ Richards Bay Minerals (RBM) Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – RIO TINTO
Rio Tinto/ Richards Bay Minerals (RBM) Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024 | Richards Bay Minerals (RBM) was founded in 1976 and is a subsidiary company of Rio Tinto Group in South Africa. The company is owned by the Rio Tinto Group which has a 74% of the company, followed by Blue Horizon Investments which owns a 24% share and RBM permanent employees who own the remaining 2%.
The mining company are situated in the Kwa-Zulu Natal province of South Africa, near Richards Bay, where they produce titanium dioxide from mineral sand deposits of the mineral-rich sand dunes.
The main shareholder, the Rio Tinto Group are one of the global leaders in the production of zircon, high purity pig iron and titanium minerals. They are also world-renowned for their sand mining and mineral processing operations.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Rio Tinto/ Richards Bay Minerals is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within core-mining and non-core-mining disciplines, specifically the following fields:
- Actuarial Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Finance | Business (Accounting)
- Industrial Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
The Rio Tinto/ Richards Bay Minerals Bursary is aimed at high-achieving students, who are passionate about their studies and the future of the country. The company aims to develop and expand the skills base in South Africa, by way of bursary funding.
https://zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Rio Tinto/ Richards Bay Minerals Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE RIO TINTO / RICHARDS BAY MINERALS BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying for this bursary (please note that failure to meet all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric or you must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have passed Mathematics and Science in Matric if studying towards an Engineering qualification
- You must have achieved a minimum of level 5 for each subject in Matric if studying towards any other qualification
- You must be in financial need
- You must be passionate about your chosen field of study
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Preference will be given to Historically Disadvantaged South Africans (HDSA), as well as female students and students with disabilities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE RIO TINTO / RICHARDS BAY MINERALS BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at Rio Tinto/ Richards Bay Minerals (RBM) Bursary Application 2023
(Reference number: req74151)
Enter “https://zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric’s latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational letter to support your application (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
- Proof of financial need (parent or guardian proof of income: latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE RIO TINTO / RICHARDS BAY MINERALS BURSARY
23 September 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Rio Tinto directly:
Email: RTgraduaterecruitmentsupport@riotinto.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered
NSFAS Bursaries For Students With Disabilities 2023 – 2024
Click Here Details On NSFAS, National Student Financial Aid Scheme
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round
See Also: South African Bursaries January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December