Regent Business School Postgraduate Diploma
This SAICA accredited qualification enables students with relevant work experience and appropriate qualifications to further develop their functional and reflective competencies in management, leadership and administration.
The Post Graduate Diploma in Accounting (PGDA) is a one year programme that prepares students for the Initial Test of Competence (ITC) or the Board 1 examination set by the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA). The Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting is a distance programme supported by lectures.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Display the necessary competencies to successfully complete the SAICA ITC examination.
- Be equipped technically for a career as a chartered accountant.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the theories and practices relating to Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Auditing and Taxation in the context of business and commerce and management.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate in a rational and logical manner
- Identify and solve real-world problems pertaining to Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Finance, Auditing and Taxation in the context of business and commerce and management.
- Be able to analyse and evaluate data in order to justify sound and rational decisions.
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Advanced Auditing
- Advanced Taxation
- Advanced Managerial Accounting and Finance (MAF)
A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent with SAICA accreditation.
Open for January 2022 registration only.