Maseno University School Of Nursing
Maseno University School Of Nursing – Check Below:
Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Nursing with Information Technology (IT)
Good health, which is fundamental to the optimal performance of a human being, is a human right that must be preserved and protected. Nurses are charged with the professional responsibility of preventing ill health and caring and supporting those who are physically, socially and psychologically afflicted in order to achieve dignified living. The School of Medicine aims to produce graduate nurses who are capable of applying professional expertise in caring for the sick, preventing ill-health and promoting good health thus enabling individuals, families and the general society to cope with changing situations in life.
The objective of the BSc in Nursing programme is to train and produce nurses who are able to:
- a)Apply professional skills in caring for patients and their families in a variety of settings
- b)Foster commitment, accountability, decision making and critical thinking in developing the nursing profession.
- c)Participate in health systems and nursing research with a view to developing the nursing profession
- d)Design and implement nursing education programmes in health facilities and communities
- e)Observe legal, professional and ethical requirements and standards in nursing
- f)Pursue relevant postgraduate and professional studies
See Also: Maseno University School Of Education
Admission requirements for BSc in Nursing
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- a)A minimum of Grade C+ in the following subjects at Kenya Certificate of Secondary (KCSE) Education
3 Maths or Physics
4 English or Kiswahili
- b)Diploma in Nursing from the Kenya Medical Training College or other institutions recognized by the University Senate
- c)Kenya Certificate of Education with a minimum of “O” level Division II or its equivalent
- d) Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) or its equivalent: 2 Principals in Science subjects (One must be Biology) + 1 Subsidiary
See Also: Maseno University School Of Medicine
The BSc. in Nursing with IT programme shall normally extend over a period of four (4) academic years.
Credit Transfer System for Registered Nurses
Transfer of credits may be allowed for candidates who are holders of a Diploma in Registered Nursing from a credible institution, recognized by the University Senate provided they meet the following:
1 The student must have attained a credit or distinction at diploma level in nursing.
2 The student must successfully complete 10 units of pre-clinical courses
3 Satisfy the School and Senate acceptability and number of the diploma courses for credit transfer.
4 If awarded credit transfer, the period of training may be shortened by a maximum of one academic year.