Irish Aid Kader Asmal Scholarship South Africa 2023 – 2024
Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
Irish Aid Kader Asmal Scholarship | Irish Aid Kader Asmal Scholarship South Africa | The Irish Aid Kader Asmal Scholarship was created in honour of the late Professor Kader Asmal, who taught law and specialised in labour; human rights and international law at the Trinity College Dublin for 27 years. Professor Asmal also co-founded the Irish Anti-Apartheid Movement and was part of the ANC team that negotiated the transition to democracy.
The aim of the Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme is to allow South Africans with leadership potential, to pursue relevant postgraduate studies in Irish higher education institutions, as well as to build positive relationships between Ireland and Africa.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme is open for application, for South African students to pursue Master’s level studies, in Ireland’s top-rated Higher Education Institutions.
The Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme is a fully-funded scholarship, for the 2023 academic year, managed by the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
The scholarship is available for Master’s level studies, in these fields:
- Business, Economics, Project Management, Strategic Management, Leadership and related
- Climate Change | Resilience, Environment, Marine, Sustainable Development, GIS
- Development Studies, Human Rights, Peace Studies, International Relations, Politics, Public Policy
- Engineering and Sustainable Technology
- Food Science, Food Engineering and Food Industry
- Health, Medicine, Pharmacy, Biotechnology and related
- Information Systems, Communications Technology, Digital Media
- International Law, Human Rights Law, Business Law
- Sociology, Social Policy, Social Research and related
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Women’s Studies, Gender Studies and Equality Studies
Applicants can find the full directory of eligible programmes/ courses of study (.pdf) here (there are almost 200 postgraduate programmes).
ABOUT THE KADER ASMAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED
The fellowships will provide cover for the following expenses: student visitor visa application fee, university application fees, tuition fees, examination fees, economy travel to and from your country of residence to Ireland, allowance for settling in, accommodation, book allowance, study allowance and a monthly personal living allowance/ stipend for other living expense.
After graduating and returning home, graduates will be required to pursue a career and put their acquired skills to good use for the benefit of their country.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme.
Applicants must read the Kader Asmal Fellowship Guidelines (.pdf) before applying.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE KADER ASMAL FELLOWSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a resident national of South Africa
- You must have completed an Honours level qualification
- You must have completed your Honours qualification at an accredited and recognised higher education institution
- You must have achieved a minimum average of 75% for your Honours studies (first class Honours’, or second class Honours’, Grade 1 (Grade 2 may be accepted in some cases))
- You must NOT have completed a Master’s or higher level qualification
- You must intend on studying towards a Master’s level qualification, in Ireland, starting after August/ September 2023
- You must have chosen 2 relevant courses from the Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme Directory of Eligible Courses (from the list above)
- You must be able to commence the Fellowship in the 2023/2024 academic year
- You must have at least 2 years of relevant working experience that is relevant to your course of study (this may include internships and volunteering positions, see page 7 of the guidelines for more information)
- You must showcase leadership abilities and aspirations
- You must showcase commitment to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals within your own country
- You must understand the academic and English language proficiencies required for your courses (see page 6 of the guidelines for more information)
- You must NOT have applied for the Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme more than once previously
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE KADER ASMAL FELLOWSHIP
Applications must be submitted online at; Kader Asmal Fellowship Application 2023
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation:
- Passport identity page (certified copy)
- 1 passport-sized photograph
- Graduation certificates for all higher education qualifications completed
- Academic transcripts for all higher education qualifications completed
- 2 academic reference letters from academics who have taught you personally (on official letterhead with contact details)
- Original IELTS score report, if available (must have been completed in September 2023 or later)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THE KADER ASMAL FELLOWSHIP
The application process for the fellowship is split into 3 stages:
Stage 1: applicants complete the online application above (this is a short application to assess eligibility).
All applications will be assessed by the Canon Collins selection panel and candidates will be informed if they have been successful or unsuccessful.
Stage 2: applicants who were successful in stage 1 will be invited to complete stage 2 of the application process, which includes a more detailed application form and the submission of required documents (see pages 8 and 9 of the guidelines for the list of documents that will be required). Stage 2 will take place between 7 and 30 September 2023.
Stage 3: applicants will be required to complete English language tests and invited to attend interviews (see pages 9 and 10 of the guidelines for more information).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE KADER ASMAL FELLOWSHIP
3 August 2023 (AT 11:59 pm GMT).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Canon Collins Trust directly:
Tel: +44 7748 722 482 (Eva) / +44 7407 412 541 (Nia)
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered
Click Here Details On NSFAS, National Student Financial Aid Scheme
Read Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round
Read Also: South African Bursaries January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December