Illovo Sugar Limited Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ILLOVO SUGAR
Illovo Sugar Limited was founded in 1891 and is currently the biggest sugar producer in South Africa. The company is a subsidiary of Associated British Foods Plc., which owns 51% of the companies issued share capital. They currently employ over 12 000 permanent staff members and over 18 000 temporary staff members.
Illovo Sugar produces refined and raw sugar, from sugar cane acquired via their agricultural operations and independent growers, supplied to their factories. The companies product is distributed to local, regional African, United States, European Union (EU) and global markets.
The companies subsidiaries include Illovo Sugar South Africa (located in Umhlanga, Durban, South Africa); Illovo Sugar Malawi (located in Limbe, Malawi); Ubombo Sugar (located in Swaziland); Maragra Açúcar (located in Maputo, Mozambique); Kilombero Sugar (located in Tanzania) and Zambia Sugar (located in Mazabuka, Zambia).
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (heavy and light current)
- Instrument Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | OTHER
The bursary will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition, exam fees, prescribed textbooks, meals and accommodation.
1) University of Technology students will be sponsored for in-service training, on the condition that they complete their B Tech degree.
2) Students may be requested to complete vacation work at Illovo.
3) Students may be requested to undergo practical training at an Illovo Operating Centre.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying (or intend on studying) in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying (or intend on studying) at a University or University of Technology
- Matric students: achieving high academic results in English, Science and Mathematics
- Tertiary students: achieving high academic results in all subjects
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at https://www.illovocareers.co.za/Bursary-and-Grad
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric students: latest results (mid-year) AND proof of acceptance to study in one of the above fields at a University or Technikon (on tertiary letterhead)
- Tertiary students: Matric certificate (certified copy) AND latest academic results (on tertiary letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae
15 November 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Illovo Sugar directly:
Department: Illovo Bursaries and Graduate Programmes
Contact Person: Zanele Dube
Tel: 031 508 4300
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round
See Also: South African Bursaries January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December