Eskom Bursaries South Africa 2023 – 2024
Eskom Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ESKOM
Eskom Bursaries South Africa | Eskom was established in the year 1923 by the South African government, as the country’s Electricity Supply Commission (ESCOM). The South African electricity public utility is now known as Eskom and is the biggest electricity producer in Africa, as well as being in the top 7 global utilities according to generation capacity.
Eskom is responsible for the generation of around 95% of South Africa’s electricity, as well as 45% of Africa’s electricity usage. The company operates numerous power stations, including Koeberg nuclear power station and Kendal Power Station, which is currently chaired by Hendrik Johannes van der Bijl and is divided into 3 divisions, namely Generation, Transmission and Distribution.
ABOUT THE ESKOM BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Eskom is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for BEng/ BSc undergraduate degree studies, in Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current).
MORE ABOUT THE ESKOM BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 28 days after the bursary closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by this time, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Eskom Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ESKOM BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be studying towards a BEng or BSc degree in Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)
- You must be entering your 3rd or 4th year of study in 2023
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited university in South Africa
- You must have good communication skills
- You must be able to understand the technical concept
- You must be safety conscious
- You must be conscientious and have a self-discipline approach
- You must be responsible and committed
- You must be emotionally resilient
- You must be able to perform physical work
- You must have a positive attitude
- You must be able to work as part of a team
- Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Preference may be given to applicants from underrepresented designated groups (in line with Eskom’s employment equity plan and its employment equity goals and targets)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ESKOM BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at:
Eskom Bursary Application 2023 (Limpopo)
Reference Number: UNIBLOU02
Eskom Bursary Application 2023 (Mbombela and Emalahleni)
(Reference number: UNIBMOU01)
Applicants will be required to Register an account before they can Login and apply.
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Eskom bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic record, including most recent results (certified copy)
- Proof of University registration (on institutions letterhead)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ESKOM BURSARY
12 December 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Eskom directly:
Tel: 086 003 7566
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered