Durban eThekwini Municipality Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – DURBAN ETHEKWINI MUNICIPALITY
Durban eThekwini Municipality Bursary South Africa | The eThekwini Metropolitan Municipality, created in the year 2000 in KwaZulu-Natal, is a metropolitan municipality that incorporates Durban city and its surrounding towns. The Municipality was established from 7 previously independent local councils and tribal land.
The province of KwaZulu-Natal has 11 districts, with eThekwini being the province’s biggest city. It is a popular centre for tourists with its extensive beaches, warm subtropical climate, gorges and ravines. The Category A municipality is home to over 3.5 million people.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED | COVERAGE VALUE
eThekwini Municipality is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate studies in the following fields:
- Architecture (BSc)
- Civil Engineering (BSc / BEng)
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current) (BSc / BEng)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Property Development (BSc)
MORE ABOUT THE ETHEKWINI MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED | SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, accommodation, examination fees, book allowance and a once-off computer allowance in the 2nd year of study (subject to compliance with the agreement).
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you have not received any feedback within 3 months of the application deadline, regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants will be required to undergo an assessment as part of the selection process.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the eThekwini Municipality bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ETHEKWINI MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric in 2023
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be studying or accepted to study full time, towards an undergraduate qualification in one of the fields of study listed above, in 2023
- You must be studying or accepted to study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- Preference will be given to students who have passed at least the 1st year of study
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Preference will be given to underrepresented candidates (in terms of race, gender and disability)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ETHEKWINI MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online here: eThekwini Municipality Bursary Application 2023
(Reference Number: ETH221212-1)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the eThekwini Municipality bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric/ awaiting Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently studying at tertiary level (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of acceptance to study at a South African public university (on tertiary letterhead)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ETHEKWINI MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
13 January 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the eThekwini Municipal Academy directly:
Contact person: Nokulunga Sibiya
Tel: 031 311 3192 / 031 322 7535
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered