Collegiate Girls’ High School Admission Requirements
Collegiate Girls’ High School Admission Requirements | See details below:
DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION
- A parent will be required to complete an application form for admission, which must be provided to him/her by the
- Together with the application form, the parent must submit to the School an official unabridged birth certificate of the learner. Should the parent be unable to furnish an unabridged birth certificate, a certified copy of the abridged birth certificate of the learner and certified copies of both parent’s Identity documents must be supplied until a copy of the unabridged birth certificate has been obtained from the Department of Home
- Should a learner move from one public school to another, the principal of the previous school must complete a transfer card and either hand it to the parent or forward it to the school?
- The complete list of documentation required for admission is set out in Annexure A, as attached
LEARNER AGE REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION TO THE SCHOOL OR VARIOUS GRADES OF THE SCHOOL
A learner who falls outside the age norm by more than two years will not be considered for admission. The age norm is the grade plus 6 years.
- Dates for the commencement of application for admission and the closing date for acceptance thereof are set out as per the Application form and are updated each
- Therefore, parents who wish to enrol their children at the School for the first time must register the learner at the School in the year preceding the school year to which the learner’s application for admission
- All applications for admission to the school on behalf of a learner must be submitted to the Principal.
- The learner’s parents will receive written notice of the acceptance or refusal of their application, within a reasonable period of time.
- All unsuccessful applicants will then be waitlisted and advised also to apply at other schools apart from the
- The School will keep a proper register of all applications for
Grades 8 and 9 (requirements in subjects prescribed by the Education Department)
All subjects: 40% CASS and 60% promotional exam.
The promotion requirements are:
- At least level 4 (50%) in English.
- At least level 3 (40 %) in Afrikaans FAL or isiXhosa FAL.
- At least level 3 (40%) in Mathematics and any three other subjects.
- In any two of the other required subjects, a level 2 is required.
Grade 10 – 12
All subjects: 25% CASS + 75% “external” assessment component.
- 40% in English and two other subjects and has complied with the SBA component
- 30% for three other subjects and has complied with the SBA component
- a full portfolio for the seventh subject (even if this subject has failed)
REQUIREMENTS FOR TERTIARY STUDY
The basic promotion requirements for a NSC are:
- 40% in English and two other subjects
- 30% for three other subjects
- a full portfolio of SBA (School Based Assessment) items (tests, assignments, etc) for the seventh subject.
In addition to the Senior Certificate, the following are the minimum basic requirements for admission to a higher education institution for further study, as documented in the Government Gazette, 11 July 2008 :
The minimum admission requirement is a National Senior Certificate (NSC) with a minimum of 30% in the language of learning and teaching of the higher education institution as certified by the Council for General and Further Education and Training (UMALUSI).
Institutional and programme needs may require appropriate combinations of recognized NSC subjects and levels of achievement. For example, an institution may determine that a Higher Certificate in Architectural Design requires in addition to the NSC a specified level of attainment in Design and an associated recognized subject.
The minimum admission requirement is a National Senior Certificate (NSC) with a minimum of 30% in the language of learning and teaching of the higher education institution as certified by Umalusi, coupled with and achievement rating of 3 (Moderate Achievement, 40-49%) or better in four recognized NSC 20-credit subjects.
Institutional and programme needs may require appropriate combinations of recognized NSC subjects and levels of achievement. For example, a Diploma in Diametrics might require a pass at a prescribed level in Mathematics or Information Technology.
The minimum admission requirement is a National Senior Certificate (NSC) with a minimum of 30% in the language of learning and teaching of the higher education institution as certified by Umalusi, coupled with an achievement rating of 4 (Adequate Achievement, 50-59%) or better in four subjects.
In summary, the following are the minimum basic requirements, in addition to the NSC, for admission to a higher educational institution for further study:
|Course of Study||%||Requirements|
|Bachelor Degree||50%||4 Subjects|
|Diploma||40%||English + any 3 other subjects|
|30%||Language of Learning and Teaching (LOLT) of Higher Institution (e.g. Afrikaans for Stellenbosch)|
|Higher Certificate||30%||LOLT of Higher Institution|
Various universities have additional entrance requirements for certain courses. These can be obtained directly from the university.
St. Martin’s School Applications, Fees and Subjects 2023-2024
Torah Academy School Applications, Fees and Subjects 2023-2024
The Hill High School Subjects Offered
The Hill High School Applications, Fees and Subjects 2023-2024
Vector College Application Form 2023-2024
Yeshiva College of South Africa Subjects Offered
Adelaide Gymnasium High School Fees 2023-2024
Adelaide Gymnasium High School Application Forms 2023-2024
Adelaide Gymnasium High School Fees, Application 2023-2024
Alexander Road High School Fees 2023-2024
Aliwal North High School Fees 2023-2024
Aliwal North High School Subjects
Alphendale High School Subjects
Alphendale High School Fees, Application, Subjects
AMS Sityana High School Fees, Application, Subjects
Beaconhurst School Fees 2023-2024
Beaconhurst School, East London | beaconhurst.co.za
Bishop DeMont High School Fees, Application, Contact
Bizana Village Senior Secondary School Application, Fees and Subjects
Cambridge High School Application, Fees and Subjects 2023-2024