Central University Of Technology Residence/Accommodation Application
Residences have full-time Residence Managers who manage the facilities and are supported by a Warden and Sub-wardens.
NB: If you experience any problems with residence telephone numbers, call +27 (0)51 507 3911.
To maximize the housing system’s educational value, as well as to unite student life and learning, the residence leadership strives to:
- Encourage first-year students to participate in the existing academic support programmes for identified risk subjects offered by the Centre of Counselling;
- Establish smaller study groups in the residences emanating from above in co-operation with the Centre of Counselling;
- Involve academic and support staff regularly in student programmes in residences;
- Instil responsibility towards the community through community services.
- LADIES RESIDENCES
Situated on campus
Tel: +27 (0)51 507 3175 Welgemoed
Situated on campus
Tel: +27 (0)51 507 3171 Mannheim Ladies
Mannheim is situated on the corner of King Edward Road and Ella streets, within walking distance of CUT Bloemfontein Campus.
Tel: +27 (0)51 507 3161 Graduandi House
The residence is situated on campus and accommodates male and female postgraduate students.
Tel: +27 (0)51 507 4175
Situated on campus
Tel: +27 (0)51 507 3170 Loggies
Loggies is situated on the corner of Goddard and Saltzman Streets, within walking distance of the CUT Bloemfontein Campus.
Tel: +27 (0)51 507 3247 Mannheim Men
Mannheim is situated on the corner of King Edward Road and Ella Street, within walking distance of the CUT campus.
Tel: +27 (0)51 507 3594 Gymnos
Gymnos residence accommodates sports students and is situated in Park Road, within walking distance from the CUT campus in Bloemfontein.
Tel: +27 (0)51 507 4182
- Ready prepared meals are available in the Cafeteria in the Lapeng Student Centre.
- Students are also allowed to prepare food in the residences.
- CUT Bloemfontein Campus is located within walking distance from Loch Logan Waterfront, one of the city’s major malls.
Bed and mattress Cupboard Desk and chair Wastepaper bin Curtains Wifi available in all residences
Available in residence
Televisions Laundromat Learning and living areas
Items needed for on-campus living (checklist)
Cleaning and washing agents
Handy Andy, soap powder for automatic washing machines, fabric softener, Clothes-pegs, laundry bag, bucket (plastic).
Coffee, tea, milk powder, sugar, soft drinks.
Duvet or bedspread, extra blanket in winter, pillow, sheets and pillowcases.
Portable radio, alarm clock, iron, electrical extension cord, double-adapter plug, bedside lamp, and chargers for phones, tablets, etc.
Students who belong to organisations that attend camps as part of their programme must bring sleeping bags, cutlery and crockery.
Residence matters to note:
- Students are responsible for the washing and ironing of their own laundry and/or linen.
- No refrigerators and/or freezers may be kept without permission.
- No kettles are allowed. Boiling water is available.
- Students are responsible for their own medication for injuries and illnesses, such as allergies, colds and flu, etc.
- Students may be in possession of cars. Parking is at the student’s own risk.
Apply to Residence
Current residence students should apply online by Tuesday, 31 August 2021 at 16:30, or forfeit their residence preference. Students already in the residence may then be wait-listed because of the reserved spaces for new first-year students for 2022.
Applicants are placed strictly according to their application date.Students will be placed based on availability as our residences have limited space.
The boarding fees payable by students annually or per semester covers only their accommodation for the duration of the academic quarter.
Applications will open and close on the dates indicated below for residences.
Applications for Open for Submission Closing Date 2022 Monday, 2 August 2021 Tuesday, 31 August 2021 First-years applying have no closing date.
How to apply?
Applications to residences at CUT are only online. No manual forms will be accepted.
Download the Step-by-step guide to apply to the system (PDF)
You apply as part of your application to CUT.