Cape Wools SA Bursary Fund South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – CAPE WOOL SA
Cape Wools SA Bursary Fund South Africa; Cape Wools SA was established as an association in 1997 and is currently the South African Wool Industry’s official industry representative organisation. Cape Wools are responsible for representing the interests of the wool processors, wool buyers, wool buyers, wool traders, wool brokers, small stockbreeders, the wool testing group and labour.
The mission of the organisation is to provide support to the wool industry of South Africa, by way of research and development, market intelligence and promotion through projects.
ABOUT THE CAPE WOOLS BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Cape Wools SA is inviting students to apply for the bursary funding, through the Wool Industry Bursary Trust, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards Textile or Fashion Design and within the Wool Industry, in the wool or sheep direction.
MORE ABOUT THE CAPE WOOLS BURSARY PROGRAMME – RENEWABILITY | SELECTION
The bursary may provide cover for the following expenses (based on the decision of the CWSA): registration fees, tuition fees, accommodation, prescribed books and other study-related materials.
Grootfontein Agricultural College students: the bursary will provide for practical on-farm training, up to a maximum value of R20 000 per student, payable to the farmer to defray costs (if required by your institution).
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Cape Wools SA Bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE CAPE WOOLS BURSARY PROGRAMME – RENEWAL | SELECTION
Bursaries will be awarded based on academic merit – they are awarded on an annual basis and are reviewed and paid on a six-monthly basis. Bursaries are not automatically renewed each year – students must comply with the Institution’s rules and conditions and submit satisfactory academic results in order to have their bursary renewed.
Students will be required to undertake vacation work for up to 4 weeks per annum, on an active wool farm. Once students have graduated, they must seek employment at an approved farm or organization within the wool or related industry, for 1 year for each year of funding received.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CAPE WOOLS BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in the direction of Textile or fashion design, with a focus on wool
- You must meet all the admission requirements of the institution
- Your final year collection must contain garments made of at least 50% wool
- Masters degree students: you must focus on wool and its applications
- Preference will be given to students pursuing studies at an Agricultural College AND tertiary students pursuing fashion and textile design studies
- Preference will be given to students in their 3rd year of study and onward (Honours/ Masters/ PHD) in wool or sheep-focused direction
- You must read and agree to all of the terms and conditions on the application form
Grootfontein Agricultural College students must meet the following minimum criteria:
- You must intend on specializing in wool (Merino production unit) in your 3rd year of study (if applying for bursary funding for 1st or 2nd year)
- You must maintain a satisfactory academic record and comply with Grootfontein College’s rules and conditions, to qualify for the continuation of bursary funding (access to alternative bursary funding and disciplinary action will also be taken into consideration)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CAPE WOOLS BURSARY
Download and complete the Cape Wools SA Bursary Fund Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Cape Wools SA Bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts, including most recent results, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of permanent residence
- Details of any other bursaries you have received or applied for
- Motivational letter to support your application (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Cape Wools Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
The Chief Executive Officer
Cape Wools SA
P.O. Box 2191
CLOSING DATE FOR THE CAPE WOOLS BURSARY
31 October 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Cape Wools SA directly:
Tel: 041 484 4301
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered